Hey everyone! I’ve been having some trouble with Minecraft Forge 1.12.2 and I was hoping someone could help me out. For some reason, when I try to start the game, it just crashes right away. I’ve tried googling the issue and looking through different forums but none of the solutions seem to work for me. If anyone could help me out, that would be amazing!
Anyways, I want to play MC with 1.12.2 mods, so I decided to create a forge server.
Note: I already have a vanilla 1.16.1 server that runs perfectly for some time now.
- I downloaded the forge 1.12.2 recommended profile from profiles.
- Ran the forge installer jar file. That worked just fine.
- Now in my Profiles I chose 1.12.2 under the forge section. In Java settings I chose the forge 1.12.2 jar file.
- I expected it to run, but the server just starts and stops , it doesn’t stay up for more than I few seconds.
What I’ve gathered:
- There are no logs.
- Reading online, can’t find a solution but read that I might have to use openjdk 8. Is this true? Right now I’m using openjdk 11.0.8
- I’m running Debian (Raspbian)
- Even trying with the forge 1.12.2 latest profile gives the same result.
- I also copied the jar installer to my laptop and installed server it from there, and pasted the files back to the Pi. No luck
- No combination of profiles with java settings works.
- The minecraft_server 1.12.2 jar that is installed from the forge installer jar works great and the server boots and function normally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I need to put any more information, just let me know.
Also I don’t know which category this belongs to so I’m leaving it uncategorized for now.
Edit 1: I’ve tried creating a forge server in 1.16 and it’s a success! So what’s wrong with 1.12?
Edit 2: If anyone ever reads this facing the same issue, the solution I came up with is indeed switching to openjdk 8. Hope it helps!